Get Help!

We know it’s frustrating when you have a problem but no idea who to speak to about it. Write to us here and we will deal with your issue directly where we can. If not, we will always pass your query on to the right person at the College.

We want to hear about the good stuff too! If you have any feedback or brilliant ideas you can let us know about these and we will make sure your comments land at the right person’s door.

We will regularly update our FAQ section with questions we know you want the answers to. If you think we are missing some important information in this section, please let us know by getting in touch at


For our complete FAQ section click here

Funding Problems

Your first port of call is the Student Advice Centre. They’re the experts and can give you the advice and support you need to resolve your problem.

For full-time courses: 0300 555 0505
For part-time courses: 0300 300 3137

Calls to these numbers from a UK land line are charged at a local rate, but call costs from elsewhere in Europe, or from a mobile, may be considerably higher.

Opening Hours
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm

From 3 June to 31 October the opening hours will be:-
Full-time undergraduate enquiries – Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm
Part-time, Postgraduate Nursing and DSA enquiries – Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm only (4.30pm on a Friday)

Course Problems

We aim to resolve students’ problems at an informal level where possible. If you feel comfortable, get in touch with your course tutor or Achievement Coach and they can help you with your issue. You can also get in touch with your Students Association on

If your problem can’t be resolved informally, then the formal process is as follows:
1. Level 1 Complaint: Dealt with by a member of college staff
2. Level 2 Complaint: Often dealt with by a Manager or Vice-Principal
3. Appeal to the Scottish Public Sector Ombudsman

In the unlikely event that your problem can’t be resolved informally, then we are able to support you through the above process. Get in touch if you need any assistance.

For more information about how complaints are handled at college, click here to read the Complaints Policy and Complaints Handling Procedure

Students’ Association

All students at Borders College become automatic members of the Students’ Association.
Whether it’s being a Student Officer, President or even just volunteering a few hours in the office, there’s loads of ways to get involved!

Drop us a line on or visit the Your Voice section for more info!


Starting College can be a really exciting time.  But for many students, it can also be an uncertain and unsettling time.  So if you find that things are not going well during your first few weeks – or at any point while you are a student here, it may help to talk to a member of our Student Advice Team.

For further information and details about how to make an appointment, e-mail

Don’t panic – and don’t wait until things get out of hand. Talk to your Course Tutor as soon as you feel you need help. If you are not getting the appropriate support from teaching staff, arrange to meet your Curriculum Learning Manager (CLM). Alternatively, you can come and have a chat with one of our Students’ Association Officers who can support you in a number of ways. We can get in touch with the relevant staff member, speak with them on your behalf, and come with you to meetings if you need a bit of moral support.

Get in touch by e-mailing us at or popping into our office, room 00.61 on Scottish Borders Campus.

There are several people who you can speak to and will be able to help – if they don’t know the answer, they will be able to find someone else who does! Before the course starts, perhaps the best place to contact is the Student Advice Centre where there are advisers for Funding, Transport, Admissions and Welfare, or the Students’ Association. During term time, you will also be able to speak to you Course Tutor, Achievement Coach and other lecturers.

Contact Form

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone Number (required)

Course Title (required)

Campus (required)

Tell Us About Your Issue

How Would You Like It To Be Resolved